This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] nm: basic symbol type support for SysV-style symbol table dumping
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Nick Clifton" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:26:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nm: basic symbol type support for SysV-style symbol table dumping
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5665B25702000078000BCB47 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <5666AE6502000078000BD0DE at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <566AC7CE dot 3060605 at redhat dot com> <566ADBB902000078000BEA98 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <566B3764 dot 2020800 at redhat dot com>
>>> On 11.12.15 at 21:51, <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>> 2015-12-07 Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> * nm.c: Include coff/external.h, coff/internal.h, and
>>>>> (struct extended_symbol_info): New field "coffinfo".
>>>>> (get_symbol_type): Rename to get_elf_symbol_type.
>>>>> (get_coff_symbol_type): New.
>>>>> (print_symbol): Also init info.coffinfo.
>>>>> (print_symbol_info_sysv): Print type and section name also for
>>>>> COFF symbols.
>>> Please could you add a binutils test for this new feature ? Approved
>>> with that change.
>> Well, the same applies here as mentioned in "bfd: don't produce
>> corrupt COFF symbol table due to long ELF file name symbols": I
>> would have liked to, but since the case of interest to me (and
>> hence the case that should primarily not break) is not on COFF
>> targets or against COFF objects, but for EFI binaries (linked from
>> ELF objects), I have no real clue how I would properly gate such
>> a test, nor would I then routinely run it and possible notice issues.
> OK, in which case please apply the patch and I will see if I can come up
> with a way to produce a test.
Changed pushed, and thanks for helping out with the test case.