This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][PATCH 2/3] Adjust a utility function for floating point values.
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:49:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][PATCH 2/3] Adjust a utility function for floating point values.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56544EB9 dot 9000909 at foss dot arm dot com> <56544F7F dot 40901 at foss dot arm dot com> <56699984 dot 6060303 at foss dot arm dot com>
> On 10 Dec 2015, at 16:25, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
> Committed: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2015-11/msg00168.html
> Is this ok for the 2.26 branch?
> On 24/11/15 11:52, Matthew Wahab wrote:
>> ARMv8.2 adds 16-bit floating point operations as an optional
>> extension. This patch adjusts the utility function expand_fp_imm to
>> support 16-bit values.
>> The function is intended to convert an 8-bit immediate representing a
>> floating point value to a representation that can be passed to
>> fprintf. Because of the limited use of the results, the only made to the
>> function is to treat a request for a 16-bit float as a request for a
>> 32-bit float.
>> Tested the series for aarch64-none-linux gnu with cross-compiled
>> check-binutils and check-gas.
>> Ok for trunk?
>> 2015-11-24 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * aarch64-opc.c (half_conv_t): New.
>> (expand_fp_imm): Replace is_dp flag with the parameter size to
>> specify the number of bytes for the required expansion. Treat
>> a 16-bit expansion like a 32-bit expansion. Add check for an
>> unsupported size request. Update comment.
>> (aarch64_print_operand): Update to support 16-bit floating point
>> values. Update for changes to expand_fp_imm.