This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][PATCH 1/3] Support ARMv8.2 FP16 floating point instructions.
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:25:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][PATCH 1/3] Support ARMv8.2 FP16 floating point instructions.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56544EB9 dot 9000909 at foss dot arm dot com>
Is this ok for the 2.26 branch?
On 24/11/15 11:49, Matthew Wahab wrote:
ARMv8.2 adds 16-bit floating point operations as an optional extension
to the ARMv8 FP support. This patch set adds support for the 16-bit FP
instructions to binutils, enabling the instructions when both +fp and
+fp16 architecture extensions are enabled.
The patches in this series:
- Add a feature macro for use by the encoding/decoding mechanism.
- Adjust a utility function, used when disassembling, to support 16-bit
floating point values.
- Add the new scalar floating-point instructions.
The patches depend on
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-11/msg00223.html, which adds the
This patch adds the feature macro FP_F16 to the AArch64 encoding/decoding
mechanism, enabling it when both +fp and +fp16 are selected.
Tested the series for aarch64-none-linux gnu with cross-compiled
check-binutils and check-gas.
2015-11-24 Matthew Wahab <email@example.com>
* aarch64-tbl.h (aarch64_feature_fp_f16): New.