This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:21:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5654436F dot 90309 at foss dot arm dot com>
Is this ok for the 2.26 branch?
On 24/11/15 11:01, Matthew Wahab wrote:
Although the AArch64 backend supports aliased instructions, the aliasing
forms are always preferred over the real instruction. This makes it
awkward to handle instructions which have aliases but which are their
own preferred form.
This patch includes the instruction being aliased in the list of
alternatives which is searched when considering which form to use.
Tested for aarch64-none-linux-gnu with cross-compiled check-binutils and
Ok for trunk?
2015-11-24 Matthew Wahab <email@example.com>
* aarch64-asm-2.c: Regenerate.
* aarch64-dis-2.c: Regenerate.
* aarch64-dis.c: Weaken assert.
* aarch64-gen.c: Include the instruction in the list of its