This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with building PDF documentation
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:58:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: Problem with building PDF documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5533867 dot WLQCDnHzQ4 at infernus>
I've just tried building the most recent binutils for arm-none-eabi and I
encountered a problem when building PDF documentation. I guess this problem is
specific to the very recent version of TEX utils on my system (Arch Linux).
Indeed - I tried to reproduce it locally, but failed. My system has an
older version pdftex installed (...-1.40.15) so that is probably the reason.
I attach the log from the console - the part where the generation of as.pdf
fails. I also attach as.log file generated during compilation.
Unfortunately those logs do not show what is wrong. They show that the
generation has failed, but not *why* it has failed. Would it be
possible for you to run the texi2dvi command locally with either--debug
or --verbose added to the command line to see if this helps pinpoint
exacltly what is wrong ?
I guess it it also worth noting that I had no trouble building PDF
documentation for binutils at the end of Semtember (at 28th exactly)
Unfortunately there appears to have been quite a few changes to the
documentation between then and now. IS there any chance that you could
do a bit of binary chopping and narrow down the window a bit ?