This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] nios2: Fix initial PLT entry population
- From: Marek Vasut <marex at denx dot de>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, "Chung-Lin Tang" <cltang at codesourcery dot com>, Ley Foon Tan <lftan dot linux at gmail dot com>, Thomas Chou <thomas at wytron dot com dot tw>
- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 00:22:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] nios2: Fix initial PLT entry population
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448723082-6208-1-git-send-email-marex at denx dot de> <201512081727 dot 58364 dot marex at denx dot de> <566708C6 dot 8040405 at codesourcery dot com>
On Tuesday, December 08, 2015 at 05:43:50 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> On 12/08/2015 09:27 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 01, 2015 at 02:16:50 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, December 01, 2015 at 06:11:03 AM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> >>> On 11/30/2015 07:46 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> >>>> I can do that, but I didn't find the bug in bugzilla. Shall I create a
> >>>> new one? In the meantime, I pushed the whole tarball from the build to
> >>>> , sha1sum is fe62b3848edf51b6083ca53f861c3dd3af49dd4b
> >>>> orc-0.4.23-r0.tar.xz
> >>>> You can find the entire build log in
> >>>> orc-0.4.23-r0/temp/log.do_compile.7916 , the objects are located in
> >>>> orc-0.4.23-r0/build/ directory and the source is in the
> >>>> orc-0.4.23-r0/orc-0.4.23/ directory.
> >>>>  http://www.bfuser.eu/orc-0.4.23-r0.tar.xz
> >>> I took a look at this, but it seems the set of objects is not complete
> >>> (e.g., it's missing the sysroot you are linking against). If I get you
> >>> a patch that I'm more confident is correct, would you be able to test
> >>> it on this example?
> >> Of course, I'd be happy to help.
> >> I can also show you how to prepare the OpenEmbedded/Yocto build for
> >> NIOS2, so you can fiddle with it yourself, but that might be a longer
> >> process.
> >> Please let me know.
> > Hi,
> > any news on this please ?
> Sorry, I got distracted last week and just finished regression testing
> overnight. Does the attached patch solve your problem?
no problem. I just ran the builds of the entire yocto/nios2. The orc package
builds correctly with this patch. The package does NOT build correctly without
Tested-by: Marek Vasut <firstname.lastname@example.org>