This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH RFC] gas: don't process relocs for content-less sections
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:22:36 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] gas: don't process relocs for content-less sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5665A9AD02000078000BCAD0 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com>
On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 07:45:49AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> In line with write_contents(), make write_relocs() bail early on
> sections without contents. Otherwise (at least without the other pair
> of patches just sent) .bss style sections may get relocations emitted
> for them, even though such sections aren't supposed to have any
> relocations attached.
> However, this causes the gas/all/none test to fail. Thoughts/advice?
I agree that .bss should not have relocations in an executable or
shared library, but it might be useful to have marker relocs in a
Australia Development Lab, IBM