This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: New failures with .debug_ranges test
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 22:07:59 +1030
- Subject: Re: New failures with .debug_ranges test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <878u5ems2a dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 09:33:33AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> The failures are all regexp matching problems. eg for the msp430:
This is due to R_MSP430_SYM_DIFF not being handled by the generic
howto functions. I believe it would be possible to implement support
there instead of just in msp430_final_link_relocate.
> For nds32:
Similarly for R_NDS32_DIFF32.
> For sh64:
Huh, sh64-elf looks OK. sh64-linux fails. I'm not sure why exactly,
but the weird R_SH_DIR32 reloc howto has src_mask non-zero and the
section contents differ between the two targets (besides being
different endianness). My guess is that the test is exposing an
Looks to me like a good test. :)
Australia Development Lab, IBM