This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ARC port broken reloc processing
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:01:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: ARC port broken reloc processing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448580380-2724-1-git-send-email-andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <20151127024411 dot GA8901 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20151127033938 dot GB8901 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20151129224003 dot GB4625 at embecosm dot com> <20151130013210 dot GD8901 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
* Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2015-11-30 12:02:10 +1030]:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 10:40:03PM +0000, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> > * Alan Modra <email@example.com> [2015-11-27 14:09:38 +1030]:
> > > On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 01:14:12PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > > Why allow zero for the base address, and the variant ranges?
> > >
> > > I had a look. If it was for arc-elf, please don't weaken the test.
> > > arc-elf reloc processing via howto is broken.
> > Here's a revised patch for the base address in debug_ranges issue, for
> > now I setup have setup arc to xfail the new test.
> > The arc patch I posted in the other mail fixes this issue, but it
> > would be nice to push this patch regardless of whether the arc fix
> > gets merged or not.
> > Is this OK?
> The patch is OK, but please leave out the xfail.
Thanks for the review. Pushed without the setup_xfail line.