This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] nios2: Fix initial PLT entry population
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Vasut <marex at denx dot de>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>, Ley Foon Tan <lftan dot linux at gmail dot com>, Thomas Chou <thomas at wytron dot com dot tw>
- Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 14:36:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] nios2: Fix initial PLT entry population
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448723082-6208-1-git-send-email-marex at denx dot de>
[resending to correct mailing list address]
On 11/28/2015 08:04 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
When compiling the "orc" package using OE, the following assertion triggers:
BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.25.1 assertion fail
This is not enough information for me to reproduce the error using
mainline sources (what is the "orc" package? what is "OE"?). Can you
try to provide some sort of standalone reproducible testcase? E.g. can
you bundle up all the objects you're trying to link into a tarball and
attach it to a bugzilla issue, along with the exact linker command line
and any custom linker script you might be using?
Your patch doesn't look correct to me. I have some suspicions about
what might be wrong, but I need to be able to play with the code on the
test case that is failing a bit to propose a solution.
BTW, you are correct to be concerned about ABI conformance.... the code
that is being emitted now is specified in the ABI documentation.