This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:35:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5654436F dot 90309 at foss dot arm dot com> <56584D83 dot 7000701 at redhat dot com> <5658571A dot 20208 at foss dot arm dot com>
I don't there's any test that could be done using the existing
instructions. The aliasing change is needed for the REV64 alias of the
(https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-11/msg00222.html) patch. That
includes tests that check that the instruction REV is preferred over its
aliases so are also a test of this patch (which should probably have
been sent as part of the BFM, REV patch set).
Ah - that explains it. In which case please consider the patch to be