This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:14:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Let aliased instructions be their preferred form.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5654436F dot 90309 at foss dot arm dot com> <56584D83 dot 7000701 at redhat dot com>
On 27/11/15 12:33, Nick Clifton wrote:
This patch includes the instruction being aliased in the list of
alternatives which is searched when considering which form to use.
Are there no tests that could demonstrate this problem and your solution to it ?
I don't there's any test that could be done using the existing instructions. The
aliasing change is needed for the REV64 alias of the REV instruction
(https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-11/msg00222.html) patch. That includes tests
that check that the instruction REV is preferred over its aliases so are also a test
of this patch (which should probably have been sent as part of the BFM, REV patch set).