This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Re: [AArch64] Add feature flags and command line for ARMv8.2 FP16 support.
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:36:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: Re: [AArch64] Add feature flags and command line for ARMv8.2 FP16 support.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56544DF9 dot 6010309 at foss dot arm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1511250147370 dot 10652 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 25/11/15 01:49, Joseph Myers wrote:
Out of interest, when will ARMv8.1 and v8.2 be documented in the ARM
Architecture Reference Manual?
said "mid-2015" for v8.1, but as far as I can see DDI 0487A.h is current
and doesn't seem to mention v8.1 anywhere obvious.
It was hoped to publish an ARMv8.1 supplement by the end of the year,
however, this will now be during the 1H-2016, and hopefully in Q1 of
next year. The intent is to publish the ARMv8.2 details within 6 months