This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: update zlib to 1.2.8
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCJ-patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:13:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: update zlib to 1.2.8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <565297F7 dot 5070004 at ubuntu dot com>
> In GCC zlib is only used for libjava; for binutils and gdb it is used when
> building without --with-system-zlib. This just updates zlib from 1.2.7 to
> 1.2.8 (released in 2013). Applies cleanly, libjava still builds and doesn't
> show any regressions in the testsuite. Ok to apply (even if we already are
> in stage3)?
> +2015-11-23 Matthias Klose <email@example.com>
> + * Imported zlib 1.2.8; merged local changes.
Should not be a problem for GDB, since we're not near branching time.
Out of curiosity, what prompted this update? Just to be in sync with
the latest? Or was there an actual bug that you hit which 1.2.8 fixes?