This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ARM] testsuite remaining errors
- From: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:38:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ARM] testsuite remaining errors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKdteOY8429QFMwNBACMNv1C7k74K7r8AnouwdC36hwk92kJNw at mail dot gmail dot com> <564C63CE dot 8050807 at foss dot arm dot com> <CAKdteOZeV+d5rmDjiRoJa0X9HWgkM+tckmrCy2h_zie_0fYcXg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 19/11/15 23:08, Christophe Lyon wrote:
On 18 November 2015 at 12:41, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
On 16/11/15 20:52, Christophe Lyon wrote:
I ran the testsuite on a variety of arm-* configurations, and I
noticed a few FAILs:
I've looked into the GAS failures:
Labels appearing before .arm/.thumb directives.
The fix is to put the labels after the directives.
* FAIL: ARM WinCE basic tests (wince.d):
Needs -mccs added to the options.
This looks like a change in behaviour since
Author: Daniel Gutson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Mar 19 14:31:25 2014 +0000
Add support for ARM assembler produced by CodeCompositor Studio.
Fixed by adjusting the test case.
* FAIL: ARM basic instructions (WinCE version) (wince_inst.d):
The output from arm-wince-pe is no longer different from the output of
Fixed by copying the expected output from inst.d. I'd suggest deleting
this test but I still don't know anything about arm-wince-pe.
The test uses the .type directive in a way that the manual says is only
valid for ELF targets. The test should be skipped for non-elf targets.
Also, option -mccs is needed to get the assembler to parse the file
without complaining about junk at the end of lines.
* ldst-offset0 (ARM load/store with 0 offset)
thumb2_ldr_immediate_armv6t2 (Ldr immediate on armv6):
This test puts data (0x0) in the .text section which is
dissassembled by the arm-wince-pe objdump as andeq.
Fixed by skipping the test for coff targets. This follows
* armv7e-m+fpv5-d16 (Valid v7e-m+fpv5-d16):
* armv7e-m+fpv5-sp-d16 (Valid v7e-m+fpv5-sp-d16):
These are test files for the Cortex-M7 and the fpv5-sp-d16 and fpv5-d16
The patch that added this support is:
Author: Terry Guo <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Nov 21 11:31:37 2014 +0800
Support ARM Cortex-M7
That patch updated elf32-arm but I don't think that the coff support was
added. (bfd/coff-arm.c seems to have had only refactoring changes since
These tests should probably be skipped for coff targets.
* align2.s, align64.s, bundle-lock.s, bundle.s (bundle_align_mode):
Author: Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
Date: Fri Apr 24 15:51:49 2015 +0100
[ARM]: Don't tail-pad over-aligned functions to the alignment boundary.
This is something going wrong with the section handling but I don't know
what. I'll open a bugzilla entry for it but won't be able to do any more
I'll send a patch to adjusts the other tests.