This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Ronald Hoogenboom <hoogenboom30 at zonnet dot nl>, fracting at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:10:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] 'add symbol' feature in objcopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561D4796 dot 2080400 at atom dot grundel> <CALd+sZQZtJWcgc_U7ofBn2ezq4SToOQ=F+016_--pgA0LbKnSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5639305F dot 8030406 at atom dot grundel>
Apparently, the strndup function is not 'portable' enough for mingw-w64.
There seems to be a xstrndup function in libiberty that could be used
instead. I'm sorry I don't have all the possible compilers handy to
verify all possible targets, but this should do.
Thanks - I have gone ahead and checked this patch in along with the
following copyright notice.
2015-11-20 Ronald Hoogenboom <email@example.com>
* objcopy.c (parse_symflags): Use xstrndup in place of strndup.