Re: [RFC] Backport of workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419 to 2.24

> On 15 Apr 2015, at 10:39, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org> wrote:

Hello,

> I am not very familiar with Binutils release branch policies either, but it seems that there have been no commits to either binutils-2_24 or binutils-2_25 branches since they were created.

That's certainly not correct!  Were you looking at a recent binutils-gdb.git pull ?

>  Would you please confirm whether or not it is possible to push bug fixes to those branches?

Sure it is.  Note that this is too late for 2.24: there won't be any new release on that branch, given 2.25 was created.
For backporting to 2.25, it would be nice to have the OK from an ARM maintainer.  Generally speaking, we only backport regression fixes or safe small improvements (not sure that 'Remove dead code' fit in these criteria).

Tristan.