Re: Bison 3.0 incomptatibility (was: Cygwin build for mingw32 host build failure in binutils-gdb/intl with make 4.0)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Pierre Muller wrote:

>   After some research, I found out that this is a known issue:
> this issue is fixed in glibc
>

> fixed gettext compatibility with bison 3.0
> plural.y was incompatible with newer bison versions
>
> https://github.com/zerovm/glibc/commit/9f3f5229848390ae921f77c92f666ca6f0bff
> c00
>
> Is there a "master" intl which we should  update from?

The intl directory is shared between GCC and binutils-gdb (I suspect
nothing uses the copy in the src CVS repository now, but in principle it's
shared with that too); I advise updating GCC first.  The master is in GNU
gettext, and the intl/README file explains the changes that were made when
importing libintl from GNU gettext and that would need replicating (with
any applicable updates) when importing a newer version - you would also
need to check for any other local changes not mentioned in README.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com