Re: What have you done to strings!

On 10/29/14 02:46, Tristan Gingold wrote:

On 29 Oct 2014, at 09:42, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:

Nowadays (and since 'const' is part of C), strings and const are in
.text;

Nowadays they are in .rodata.

Ok, in the code segment if you prefer.  But the point is that 35 years ago
they would be displayed by strings, and nowadays you need strings -a.  So,
I think the compatibility argument is not pertinent.
Agreed. Actually I've been using -a for the last 20+ years simply because I want to see all the strings regarldess of where in the file they might appear.

jeff