Re: [Consult] About "make check" failures

On 08/20/2014 06:26 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Chen Gang <gang.chen.5i5j@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>  - Do I have incorrect environments?
>
> You are missing a static link environment, so all tests using -static
> fail.  You probably need to install the glibc-devel-static package.

OK, thanks, at least, it sounds reasonable. But after try, it seems no
glibc-devel-static under fedora 20 x86_64, and all glibc*-static are
already installed (I installed fedora 20 x86_64 on a new PC, today).

  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install glibc-static
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Package glibc-static-2.18-12.fc20.x86_64 already installed and latest version
  Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install glibc-devel
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Package glibc-devel-2.18-12.fc20.x86_64 already installed and latest version
  Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install glibc-devel-static
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  No package glibc-devel-static available.
  Error: Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install libgcc-devel-static
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  No package libgcc-devel-static available.
  Error: Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install libgcc-static
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  No package libgcc-static available.
  Error: Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install libgcc-devel
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  No package libgcc-devel available.
  Error: Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install libgcc-devel-*
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  No package libgcc-devel-* available.
  Error: Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum install glibc-devel-*
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Package glibc-devel-2.18-12.fc20.x86_64 already installed and latest version
  Nothing to do
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum search glibc-devel-static
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Warning: No matches found for: glibc-devel-static
  No matches found
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum search glibc-static-*
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Warning: No matches found for: glibc-static-*
  No matches found
  [root@localhost build-binutils]# yum search glibc-static-devel
  Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
  Warning: No matches found for: glibc-static-devel
  No matches found

Welcome any ideas, suggestions or completions, and I shall continue
focus on it, too (continue analyze why?).

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed