This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [avr] Displaying memory usage info
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: cynt6007 at vandals dot uidaho dot edu, avr at gjlay dot de
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:58:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [avr] Displaying memory usage info
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140712200943 dot GA24970 at atmel dot com>
1. Embed device memory capabilities in a .note section in the crt file
(no binutils changes, change avr-libc's gcrt1.S).
3. Use objdump's private options feature to add a -Pmem-usage option
that consumes the data in the .note section and then prints out
the usage information, like the patch does now.
Does this look like a reasonable approach.
This looks much much better.
Would you guys have any
problems taking in a patch that implements the above?
Nope. Well provided that it works of course. :-)