New @ linker scripts

Hello mailing list,

i am pretty new in linker scripts so i went through the documentation. Til now my IDE (HEW for Renesas Micros) was handling this but for a new project I might need a linker script, but unfortunately it seems not that easy at it looks like in the doc:

SECTIONS {
  outputa 0x10000 :
    {
    all.o
    foo.o (.input1)
    }
  outputb :
    {
    foo.o (.input2)
    foo1.o (.input1)
    }
  outputc :
    {
*(.input1)
*(.input2)
    }
}

This is the description of putting files and parts of files into a specific section. If I do so, i get a "multiple
definition of" error from the linker for my function which is in the uart.o

  mySection 0x07800000 : AT (0x07800000)
  {
    uart.o
*(mySectionFunctions)

  }
  .text 0xFFFF0100 : AT (0xFFFF0100)
  {
    *(.text)
*(.text.*)
    *(P)
    etext = .;
  }

Another question is about archive files. Can i map this at once in a section or do I have to get the .o files and map all of them?

I thought gcc is using .text for function code and .rodata for read only const data. But there is also data which is marked as C in the map file. Bizarrely if i map a function via an attribute into a section, the C data for this function (I guess this are jumpTables for example of switch statements) stay in the C section. So I have to map this again manually, like this?

  mySection 0x07800000 : AT (0x07800000)
  {
    uart.o
    uart.o (C)
*(mySectionFunctions)

  }
.rodata :
  {
*(.rodata)
*(.rodata.*)
    *(C_1)
    *(C_2)
    *(C)
    _erodata = .;
  }

Thanks a lot for your help, as I cannot find a solutions in the internet for this.

Reinhard