Re: Require GNU make?

On 05/29/14 07:06, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 05/29/2014 02:54 PM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

Not directly relevant, but I put a feature into the newlib build earlier
this year that relied on a GNU make extension.  There were no objections
at the time I did that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, GCC already requires gmake.
Correct. 3.80 or later. I don't think we exploit too many GNU make features, but gmake 3.80 is now a prerequisite for GCC.

As newlib is commonly used with GCC, probably everybody who uses newlib
also uses gmake :-)
I'd be surprised if anyone is using newlib with anything other than gcc. But then again, I'm continually surprised by how some folks bolt together various components to build systems.

jeff