Re: gc-sections removing required sections of elf

Thanks Alan for the reply.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:11:19PM +0530, Nagaraju Mekala wrote:
>>   Can anyone please let me know how can we tell the garbage collector
>> to not to delete .debug information of _exit function.
>
> Have a look at what is happening inside _bfd_elf_gc_mark_extra_sections.
I looked at the _bfd_elf_gc_mark_extra_sections and tried modifying it
with the basic knowlege I had. It was not sucessful. Still gc-sections
deleting the debug info of _exit function.
Can you please point me to any document link where I can learn and fix
this issue.

Thanks,
Nagaraju