Re: git is live

Peter> From a policy standpoint, are we going to allow vendor branches
Peter> in the git repo like glibc does?  I'm hoping the answer is yes. :)
Peter> We didn't allow it before due to it seems CVS issues, but with git,
Peter> it should now be easy.

My understanding is that gdb followed "gcc rules" here: any maintainer
could make a branch provided the branch guidelines were followed.

See

    https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/Internals%20Experimental-Branches

I think the reason nobody really made branches is just because CVS made
it hard.

I'm hosting my personal branches on gitorious, though.
That way I can opt out of the policies that I find onerous.

Tom