Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the slow response.  I've been on holiday for the past few weeks.

I agree that _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ doesn't need to be dynamic.
The failures you're seeing:

Vincent Wen <wenvincent90@gmail.com> writes:
> FAIL: MIPS16 PIC test 2
> FAIL: MIPS JALX test 2
> FAIL: MIPS rel32 o32
> FAIL: MIPS rel32 n32
> FAIL: MIPS rel64 n64
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 3 (shared library)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 3 (executable)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 4 (executable)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 5 (executable)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 6 (o32 executable)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 6 (n32 executable)
> FAIL: PIC and non-PIC test 6 (n64 executable)
> FAIL: MIPS eh-frame 5
> FAIL: Stub for dynsym 0x7fff
> FAIL: Stub for dynsym 0x8000
> FAIL: Stub for dynsym 0xfff0
> FAIL: Stub for dynsym 0x10000
> FAIL: Stub for dynsym 0x2fe80
> FAIL: Shared library with TLS
> FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS
> FAIL: Shared library with multiple GOTs and TLS
> FAIL: Shared library with TLS and versioning
> FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning
> FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning (order 2)
> FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning (order 3)

are probably just testcases that incidentally (rather than deliberately)
assume the old behaviour.  If you can confirm and update the tests
to match the new behaviour, then the patch should be OK.

Thanks,
Richard