Re: [patch 1/9] Nios II port, top-level configury

On 01/24/2013 01:35 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

May I be the first to say YEAH!!! RTEMS has had a NIOS II port for
quite a while but we wouldn't include it in real releases because
it relied on code that was not available from the FSF. This moves
it up from being a stepchild. :)

Yes, as I noted, the Nios II toolchain has been around for quite a long time. Getting the patches integrated into the FSF code base at last will help a lot with bit-rot and maintenance issues, besides making the port more generally accessible.

Will the newlib, gcc, and gdb ports be popping out shortly?

Perhaps not "shortly", but yes, we do plan to submit ports for all the toolchain components as we beat them into shape. E.g. I am hoping we will have the GCC patches ready by the time trunk re-opens for 4.9 submissions.

-Sandra