Upstreaming 300-binutils-avr-size.patch

Hi,

I am interested in a more uniform avr-binutils... Currently the procedure to build avr-binutils is to apply ~50 patches, then build avr-binutils.   I know many people have tried to upstream this patch before citing reasons such as many Linux distributions have applied it to AVR binutils.  With now ~50 patches being applied to avr-binutils 2.22, which seems somewhat worrisome... I fear much precious developer time is used upstreaming these patches from version to version.

What is required to upstream some of the AVR patches found at http://distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/Atmel-AVR-Toolchain-3.4.1/avr/avr-patches.tar.gz into the main binutils distribution?

Thanks,
Cynthia Rempel