Re: invocation of mips_elf_multi_got can cause not enough GOT space for local GOT entries

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Robert Schiele <rschiele@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thus I wonder whether it is actually unexpected behavior that this
> relative changes occur or if this is expected behavior it seems quite
> obvious to me that the assumption of mips_elf_multi_got it makes about
> calculation of the new page numbers cannot be generally correct.

I also did some bisecting to see when the problem first occurred. In
fact I saw it first after
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-06/msg00273.html got committed.
Obviously this does not mean that this is the culprit since the bug
could just have been triggered by that in my case. But it could also
be that this change invalidates some assumptions that were made in the
original implementation as described in my previous mails.

Richard, since it seems the original implementation of this idea
(http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-10/msg00409.html) and the
patch that seems to break it
(http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-06/msg00273.html) are from
you, you might have the best idea of what might be going wrong here.

Robert