Re: [patch] Add SHF_COMPRESSED flag to include/

On 09/19/12 04:35 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Cary Coutant wrote:

We've discussed the idea of adding an SHF_COMPRESSED flag here before,
with the idea of ultimately using it instead of the ugly ".zdebug_*"
convention for compressed debug sections. Ali brought the issue up on
the gABI mailing list recently, and it seems to have gained as much
consensus there as it's likely to get.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/generic-abi/dBOS1H47Q64/PaJvELtaJrsJ

I have drawn the attention of John Wolfe at UnXis, the gABI maintainer, to that discussion. Has either of you asked him directly (or at registry@uxsglobal.com or registry@sco.com) to allocate this value?

Hi Joseph,

    I plead ignorance --- I thought taking it to the generic-abi
list would be enough to reach anyone involved with the gABI.
Dave Prosser was the last maintainer that I knew about, and the
last time we added something to the gABI, that was how we reached
him.

Thanks for doing that, and for the contact info. Do I need to
follow up with John separately?

- Ali