gold linker 2.22 regressed for DragonFly

When binutils 2.21 was imported into DragonFly, gold could successful link world and kernel, but not the kernel modules. When binutils 2.22 was imported, gold can no longer even link itself.

After executing "gmake check-TESTS", the new version of gold linked by gold segfaults immediately. The General_Options->format() method returns null, crashing string_to_object_format in options.cc. I'm not very strong in C++, so I'm having trouble figuring out why format() is not getting defined, or what has changed between gold 2.21 and gold 2.22.

The backtrace is attached. I'm sure somebody here should be able to point me to code that should be modified to support DragonFly BSD.

Thanks,
John