Re: Release 2.22: Next week ...

On 17/11/11 14:50, Tristan Gingold wrote:
On Nov 9, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:

Hi,

I plan to make the 2.22 release next week.
There are still a few pending back ports: micromips and 'V2 of get symbol linker plugin interface' come to my mind.

As usual, speak up if you think I missed something.

I have run the testsuite for most of the targets. I think there aren't blocking regressions for a 22.0, although I think it would be nice to clean-up arm-eabi and mips*-* for the 22.1

arm-eabi: FAIL: R_ARM_THM_JUMP24 Relocation veneers: Long
arm-eabi: FAIL: R_ARM_THM_JUMP24 Relocation veneers: Short 1
arm-eabi: FAIL: R_ARM_THM_JUMP24 Relocation veneers: Short 2

I thought I had fixed these with: http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-11/msg00072.html

Which was committed:
	http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2011-11/msg00042.html

When I run the tests myself targetting arm-none-eabi they pass, as they also (I am assuming) in your arm-linux-gnueabi run (you didn't highlight them there).

Do you mind sending me the appropriate part of ld.log from the testrun and I will try to see if I can reproduce the failure?

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew Gretton-Dann
Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd