linker relaxation

Hi,

   I am using Xilinx Microblaze target with Binutils version 2.21.

   My issue is that after compiler generates assembly instructions,
linker is relaxing few of the instruction and up to this part it is
fine.
   But my linker is not decreasing relaxed instructions space as a
result debug_loc locations in the dwarf2 debugging information is
displaying  the address ranges that are generated by compiler.
   So due to this my debugging information is getting corrupted with
wrong addresses.

   I know this is a known issue in linker relaxation, but as a newbie
to binutils I could not figure it out where to change in my code.

  Please help in resolving this issue. Please point me to any material
or existing port(patch).

Thanks in advance
Nagaraju