Re: Remove code handling old ARM aliases

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> Would it be unreasonable to get config.sub to also map "arm*" onto
> "arm"?

It would be reasonable by my model of how target triplets should be used.
However, it would require changes to code such as config.gcc that extracts
meaningful information from the part after the "arm" (to determine default
endianness for arm*-*-linux*, in that case).  (I think such code should be
using the noncanonical target name, the same way that config.gcc handles a
noncanonical target of pentium-linux, mapping to i586-pc-linux-gnu, and
extracts default architecture information from the noncanonical name.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com