Re: Patch: Add c6x-uclinux support

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> > (from elf32_tic6x_le.sh).  What is the far analogue of .scommon?
>
>   .far            :
>   {
>    *(.dynfar)
>    *(.far .far.* .gnu.linkonce.b.*)
>    *(COMMON)				<-----------
>
> This, I'd think. Certainly if you remove that, far common symbols are
> dropped.
>
> As far as I can tell .scommon (and its far analogue) exists only
> internally in the linker, but it needs to be given some name to be
> placed in the right output section (.sbss).

Thanks.  If it never appears in assembler output (and supposing the
requested assembler tests for .scomm show that it does not appear in
assembler output) then that resolves the .scommon questions - and
indicates that it should *not* be added to the ABI since it's
linker-internal - even if it would be better for the linker to know about
*(SCOMMON) rather than hardcoding an internal name in linker scripts.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com