Re: [patch gas/ld]: Handle cfi generated segments for link-once text segments

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Kai Tietz wrote:
> Well, I agree. But I don't have all those targets for testing.

"Have those targets"?  No target hardware (or even simulators)
need to be involved.  You "just" need to iterate with "configure
--target=X && make all && make -k check" over the target list.
(Specifying a target board other than the default is "more
correct" but in practice not needed.)

> I did
> here build with --enable-targets=all, but well, this is maybe not
> enough.
>
> Testcase for Intel x86/x64 I can add. Not sure if this would be enough.

IMHO it goes a long way.  There are mostly-target-independent
(well ok: most of them are at least ELF-centric) tests in the ld
testsuite to look at if you go for the extra credit.

brgds, H-P