Re: Testing Call frame information in .debug_frame section

On 02/15/2011 10:09 AM, Anitha Boyapati wrote:
> I am a little confused here. I was under the impression that changes
> to GCC files alone would suffice. I am missing something here. Are the
> above mentioned changes required for assembling CFI information in
> assembly files in binutils?

GCC *can* produce cfi information by itself without assembler help,
but can produce slightly more compact cfi information *with* help.
In addition, with assembler support it's easy to write cfi info to
go along with hand-written assembly.

r~