Re: [patch ld]: Testsuite fix of vers-script-3 and vers-script-4 tests

On 15/02/2011 15:30, Kai Tietz wrote:

> Ok, I withdraw recent patch. It is just fixing the symptoms but not
> the underlying issue.
> For 32-bit COFF the real issue is in pe-dll.c file in function
> process_def_file_and_drectve. Here the underscore of a symbol is
> stripped, and the same time it is done in bfd_demangle, which is used
> by bfd_find_version_for_sym. By this in 32-bit case with leading
> underscores, they were stripped twice.
>
> ChangeLog
>
> 2011-02-15  Kai Tietz
>
>           * pe-dll.c (process_def_file_and_drectve): Don't strip
>           leading underscore from symbol by calling bfd_find_version_for_sym.
>
> Tested for x86_64-w64-mingw32, i686-pc-cygwin, and i686-w64-mingw32.
> Ok for apply?

  Nope.  This causes two regressions on i686-pc-cygwin:

> FAIL: vers-script-3
> FAIL: vers-script-4

  They pass currently.  They fail with your patch.  I'm reasonably sure that I
only added that underscore-stripping code when I discovered it to be
necessary, but I may not have tested it on a non-prefixing host.

  I don't understand why you want to remove the underscore stripping code to
solve a problem on w64, where it should never be active in any case?

    cheers,
      DaveK