Re: Update LTO plugin interface

> This isn't quite what should happen, though. ?If the user does not
> specify -lm on the link line, then we should not add -lm, even if LTO
> somehow introduces a function that is defined in libm. ?Automatically
> adding -lm would introduce a surprising dynamic dependency in some
> cases. ?The user should be explicit about that.

I wouldn't expect the compiler to introduce a call to anything in libm
when -lm isn't already specified on the command line (that would break
even without LTO).

With what I'm suggesting, we'll only resolve libcalls to libraries
that were originally specified on the command line.

> That is, it really doesn't matter which library libcalls come from. ?All
> we need to know is which libraries might satisfy new libcalls.
>
> This is what leads me in the direction of copying certain libraries
> mentioned on the command line to follow the LTO objects, much as
> -pass-through does. ?I think we just need to make that a little bit more
> automatic.

Another way to do this would be to put a marker in the command line
that identifies where those libraries begin, and the linker could just
of the endcaps.

-cary