Re: PR ld/12253 DW_EH_PE_datarel

Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 05:35:01PM +0100, Rainer Orth wrote:
>> Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

>> > Yeah, I'm sorry for that, but it is documented that way and
>>
>> Is there any written/formal documention for that, other than binutils
>> and gcc (gcc/unwind-fde-dw2-glibc.c) sources?
>
> The comment in elf-eh-frame.c in binutils is the written documentation:

I rather meant the meaning of DW_EH_PE_datarel in .eh_frame sections,
cf. Alan's comments 2 and 4 in the PR.

I'd have expected that the LSB could be implemented just from the
specification without referring to comments in some particular
implementation.  There are LSB architecture supplements, but they are
silent on the subject.  The base document is (intentionally?) vague to
the point of being useless.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University