Re: RFC: COMDAT group names become anonymouse local symbols

On 10/20/2010 11:24 PM, Alan Modra wrote:

>> So, would a patch to make GAS create a local symbol for the group name
>> be acceptable?  Or would it be rejected on the grounds that it makes
>> object files bigger?
>
> I won't object.  In fact, a patch to do that should simplify the group
> support.

Thank you.

I tried to change obj-elf.c:elf_frob_file to create the symbol if the
test for its presence comes back false -- but calling symbol_new trapped
because the symbol table is already frozen at that point.

What API should I be using at that point to create the symbol?

Thank you,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery