Re: Load addresses for ELF program headers on ARM

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 09:43:27PM -0500, Matt Fischer wrote:
> However, when I do this, it creates one gigantic segment which has
> both sections at their relocation addresses, and zero-fills the 200MB
> or so in between them.  It seems like the linker is not correctly
> respecting load addresses when it tries to fit sections into segments.
>  Is that something that can be gotten around somehow?

This is a 2.20 bug.  With current mainline you'll get a warning
  section `DATA' can't be allocated in segment 0
but ld will place DATA immediately after TEXT in the segment.  The
warning is because the VMA for DATA is outside the virtual addresses
covered by your program header.  (The warning should probably say
something to that effect rather than "can't be allocated" when the
section *is* allocated there.)

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM