Re: [PATHC, GOLD]: Allow evaluation without a result section

Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> writes:

>         (arg_value): Provide a default value for the arg_section_pointer
>         parameter.

I would rather avoid using default arguments.

>         * script.h (eval_with_dot): Provide default values for
>         result_section and result_alignment parameters.

Here too.  Instead just pass explicit NULLs.

I've come to believe that default arguments are not a good idea, as they
essentially introduce a new version of the function with the same name.
They save a little typing but they obscure what is happening.

Can you send diffs with -u instead of -c?

Ian