Re: [patch pe-coff]: Fix output of debug sections in image

On 22/09/2010 10:34, Kai Tietz wrote:

> Hmm, not sure what you mean here in the COFF_WITH_PE function. As far as I
> see my patch, I didn't touched that part. Also I see here in the
> non-COFF_WITH_PE no reason to add this is_dbg flag. What get I wrong here?

  Err, nothing, I was looking at the wrong version of the function as you've
realised!  So my comment about the strcmps is incorrect, please ignore it and
just go ahead with the remaining parts.

> Well, see here Alan's patch
>
> 2010-09-16  Alan Modra

> By this I read that either a debugging section has not to set
> SEC_NEVER_LOAD on elf, as no output would be written then for it. So the
> combination of debugging and never-load is IMHO something what can just
> happen for pe-coff.

  Thank you, that's just the sort of explanation I'd like you to put in a
comment; no need for any extra check, given the above.  OK after that.

    cheers,
      DaveK