Re: [COMMIT] Rewrite obj-coff-seh.c

binutils-owner@sourceware.org wrote on 30.08.2010 23:58:39:

> Here's the final version that I committed.
>
> Tested on x86_64-w64-mingw32 native.
>
> Crosses to {arm,sh}-wince-pe tested.  The original code doesn't actually
> work -- it generates an empty .pdata entry for even trivial inputs.  The
> new code appears to do the right thing.
>
> There's still code in gas for mips-wince-pe, but it's been disabled in
bfd.

> As discussed with Kai, I've removed the .seh_scope directive as being
too
> Microsoft specific.  I've replaced it with .seh_handlerdata which
mirrors
> the .handlerdata directive seen in IA-64 and ARM EABI unwind info.  This
> directive allows arbitrary data to be emitted to this (sub)section.  One
> can duplicate the effect of the old .seh_scope directive with .rva once
> having switched to the .seh_handerdata section.
>

> r~
> [attachment "gas-seh-2a" deleted by Kai Tietz/Onevision]

This patch caused bootstrap failure on 32-bit cygwin/mingw target. The
issue is that offsetT types seems to be unsigned on 32-bit, which cause
comparison failures.

ChangeLog for gas

2010-08-31  Kai Tietz

        * config/obj-coff-seh.c (obj_coff_seh_save): Correct comparison.
        (obj_coff_seh_stackalloc): Likewise.

Ok for apply?

Regards,
Kai