Contribute Target Question

Hello,

I use the AVR32 chips & according to Atmel they are no longer going to
support a stand alone binutils / gcc toolchain.? They have provided
the patches they use to make the AVR32 binutils toolchain separately,
and I am wondering what (if any) process I can use to contribute their
patches to the mainline binutils project so the target is easier to
maintain.? I did some searching & didn't see an answer to how to
pursue this.? I am not associated with Atmel or their toolchain team
at all.

Thanks for the guidance.

--Wes