Re: R_386_32 relocations with sym-value=0 ?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:58:56AM +0200, Nils Asmussen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > You won't get a fully working shared libstdc++ with either of these
> > command lines.  Without startup files, how do you run any
> > initialization functions in libstdc++?
> At the moment my dynamic linker locates the .ctors-section in all
> libraries and calls all functions found there. As far as I've seen it so
> far, it works fine.

Oh, OK, that's not so bad then.

> Or did I miss something?

The standard startup files do have a call to __gmon_start__, but that
may not be of interest to you.

> hm..all my object-files are build with -fPIC.

Scratch that idea then.  Hmm, the symbol that you show with zero
value, _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE is likely undefined as
I said, but it's weak undefined so won't cause link errors.  This
would seem to indicate that libstdc++ was designed to cope without
si_class_type_info, but may not due to a bug somewhere.  I don't
know enough about libstdc++ to say much more.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM