Re: Compiling under MSYS

Hello Bidski,

* Bidski wrote on Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 09:23:37AM CEST:
> So far, the only problem that seems to be persistent (although it
> changes slightly every time) is as follows (taken from make output).
>
> checking size of long long... 8
> checking size of void *... 4
> checking size of long... 0

Please look into the config.log file that belongs to the above test,
likely within bfd/ if that is what was currently configured,
locate the part that deals with it (for cross compiles, several actual
compilation steps will be involved here), and post the chunks.

To provide some background, in cross-compile mode, size checking is done
by determining one bit of the answer at a time.  A few details can go
wrong here, but I'm not aware of any recent issues in the Autoconf code.

Thanks,
Ralf