Re: [Patch] [MIPS] Add -mips16e option to gas

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Richard Sandiford wrote:

> FWIW, we did discuss this with MTI a few years back and "agreed"
> (as I remember it ;-)) that the -mips16e option wasn't really
> worthwhile, and that FSF compatibility wasn't necessary.

 For the record -- here's the original discussion about the GCC
counterpart and the larger change proposed to GAS back then:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-06/msg00177.html

Now the option would only serve the purpose of some old Makefiles that
could have left lingering here or there.  But five years on perhaps that
does not really matter anymore -- it should be easy enough to delete that
"e" wherever it still sticks I suppose...

  Maciej