Re: Is it possible to remove section padding from in as/ld?

> In the linker script, the ALIGN() directive can be used to align output
> sections.
>
> But it reads input sections with something like:
> *(.text)
> and I don't know any syntax to force the alignment of the individual
> sections found by this wildcard.
SUBALIGN? IIRC, with this directive all input subsections will be
aligned, this works even for lower alignment, so it's perfect for me.
Problem is that padding on the end, this isn't aligned. So either
ALIGN with lower alignment would do the job or default align = 1 and
explicit higher ALIGN in linker script. If I didn't miss something
important :)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org